Twisters Spirit Athletics (TSA) is a competitive cheer, dance, and power tumbling program. Our athletes for the 2017-2018 season range in age from 3-17. We offer teams for athletes of all skill levels. We also offer training for school and recreational cheer squads as well as private customized camps.
Twisters Spirit Athletics is about our athletes, our parents, our staff, and our community. We were established in March 2004, and held our first practice on April 20, 2004 at David W. Carter High School. At that time we only had one team, but lots of determination. In the Fall of 2004 we moved to the Cedar Hill Recreation Center. During our time there we added dance and show teams. We moved into our first facility in May 2008 and later relocated to our current facility in June of 2014.
TSA expects more from our athletes. Not only are our cheerleaders and dancers top competitors, they also participate in community service projects and focus on academic accomplishments. The goal of TSA is to develop well rounded, community minded, scholar athletes.
The mission of Twisters Spirit Athletics is to teach and promote the benefits of physical fitness and active healthy living; to prepare athletes mentally and physically to be successful team participants in competitive cheer, dance, and tumbling; to encourage our athletes to be active in the community, aspire to academic excellence, and to always possess the Spirit of a Champion.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Twisters Spirit Athletics was founded on the principles of teamwork, leadership, academics, morality, and fitness. While we strive for cheer, dance, and tumbling excellence, we desire that our athletes will become healthy, productive citizens by using the basic foundations of these principles. The goal of Twisters Spirit Athletics is to encourage and motivate our athletes to achieve the following objectives:
- Use individual creativity, skills, and knowledge as empowering tools for team development
- Establish effective leadership skills through valuable community service, outreach, and participation
- Accomplish scholastic excellence through a dedicated focus on progressive educational achievement
- Maintain a high degree of moral standards based on the principles of compassion and accountability
- Use conditioning, strength training and nutritional information as tools for maintaining physical fitness
just a few reasons to join tsa
- We are more than a cheer gym. Our goal is to build well rounded, academically sound, community minded young people.
- We are official members of the USASF All-Star Governing Body.
- We're not just looking for the seasoned or experienced athlete. We have a class or team for everyone.
- We are family oriented.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff. We have a combined 100+ years of experience in cheer-leading, dance, and tumbling.
- We are safety conscious. Our coaches are credentialed and certified in tosses, stunts, and tumbling.
- We are in the community. We participate in several community events and activities throughout the season.
- Our successes on and off the mat; Championships, Honor Graduates, Club Leaders, Community Leaders.